M&S commits to 100% vegan own-label wine range

By Rachel Arthur contact

- Last updated on GMT

Pic:getty/catlane
Pic:getty/catlane

Related tags: Wine, vegan

Marks and Spencer will make its own-label wine range entirely vegan by 2022, in what it says is a UK retailer first.

Around 70% of its wine range is already vegan; and the retailer will work to convert the remaining 30% over the next three years.

Animal products are sometimes used in the production of wine – for example egg whites or casein (a protein in milk) can be used to remove sediment.

Veganism is set to be the diet with the most new recruits in 2019, according to research published by comparison platform finder.com, which predicts an increase of 327%​ to a total of 2.9 million people by the end of the year. This would equate to an additional spending of $4.6bn on vegan diets.

There is also an increase in those following a vegetarian or pescatarian diets.

Related news

Show more

Follow us

Products

View more

Webinars