The spirit has been developed from a collaboration between Bacardi and bartenders in Amsterdam: resulting in two expressions, Palette Roots and Palette Bold. The drinks have been created through three different methods to extract intense, all-natural flavors from botanicals that include, American oakwood, gentian root, juniper berries, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
Palette joins Bacardi’s premium NoLo portfolio that includes Martini Non-Alcoholic Aperitivo Vibrante and Floreale, as well as Martini Fiero vermouth and St-Germain elderflower liqueur, which can both be used to craft refreshing low ABV spritzes and cocktails.
“We’re calling time on sweet, tasteless ‘mocktails’,” says Marine Rozenfeld, Innovation Development Lead for Bacardi Europe, Australia & New Zealand. “With the launch of Palette coming hot on the heels of our new Martini Non-Alcoholic Aperitivo with its groundbreaking quality and taste, we are definitely taking mindful drinking to new heights.
“Palette is the perfect choice for creative bartenders looking to mix things up behind the bar. I can’t wait to see how they use Palette to flex their creative muscles with non-alcoholic cocktails in a way that’s never been possible before.”
Palette seeks to tap into the accelerating mindful drinking trend - the NoLo spirits category grew by more than 30% in 2020 and global consumption of NoLo spirits is expected to grow by another 31% by 2024, according to IWSR.
PALETTE Roots has a 'deep, complex and fragrant flavor', and is made using juniper berries, ginger and the essential oils of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Cocktail suggestions include:
- Gimlette Highball made with Roots, lime juice, lime and mint cordial plus a soda water top – a perfect mojito alternative;
- Palette Vibrante which mixes Roots with Martini Non-Alcoholic Vibrante;
- and Pink Clove which combines Roots with grapefruit soda, lime juice and tonic, finished with a grapefruit garnish.
PALETTE Bold has the taste of an aged-spirit, delivering an upfront and punchy experience, before moving to woody, oak and smoky notes. Cocktail suggestions include:
- Bold Rush made with Bold, lemon juice, agave syrup and mint;
- Bold Espresso, a delicious alternative to the espresso martini cocktail;
- and Light and Spicy made with Bold and ginger beer.