Nestlé Perrier raids and investigation – summary
- French authorities raided two Perrier sites and a Vosges laboratory
- Raids involve France anti fraud officers investigating alleged consumer deception
- Probe follows consumer group complaint and earlier Paris headquarters raids
- Case centres on water treatments affecting natural mineral water status
- Nestlé says it is cooperating fully
Nestlé has confirmed raids were carried out on two of its Waters sites in Vergeze, where its most famous water brand Perrier is bottled, and at a lab in the Vosges mountains.
The Tuesday raids involved officers from the France anti-fraud department, and form part of an investigation into the Swiss multinational over an alleged “deceit”. The investigation follows a complaint filed to the Paris prosecutor by consumer group, FoodWatch.
This comes in the wake of raids on Nestlé‘s Paris headquarters by French Authorities back in July 2025.
“We continue to cooperate fully with the authorities involved,” said a spokesperson for the food and beverage giant.
Perrier has been under scrutiny since 2024, when French media reported it had been using water treatments to prevent contamination, meaning it could no longer be described as ‘natural mineral water’.
Nestlé is yet to respond to request for comment.




