Free-to-attend webinar: How is the #healthysnacking megatrend playing out in 2023?
The Healthy Snacking in 2023 Webinar – hosted by BeverageDaily’s sister publication Bakery&Snacks – is tapping some of the most influential voices in the sector to take a deep dive into consumer behaviour, market demand and what producers need to do to stay ahead of the curve.
The rising consumer consciousness also means snacks need to meet nutritional needs; add functional benefits like increasing energy, control appetite, get fortification from fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals and probiotics and swerve away from the obesity crisis; but still providing guilt-free pleasure and indulgence.
Can snacks really meet all those criteria?
Your questions answered
To dig down and unpack this complex subject, BakeryandSnacks has enlisted a panel of industry leaders to take to the podium on 25 May at and share their insight. The 60-minute info-packed session delves into the challenges of this megatrend, how it’s shaping consumer behavior, its forecasted shelf life and what producers should be doing to play their part. We will also cover the technical realities and implications of the trend as it’s not just a simple case of removing fat, sugar and sodium.
The speakers are:
- Sebastian Emig, director general of the European Snacks Association
- Joanne Burns, Reformulation for Health manager, Food and Drink Federation Scotland
- Blonnie Whist, Insights director, Lumina intelligence
- Kristy Lewis, founder and chief visionary officer, Quinn Snacks
Moderated by BakeryandSnacks’ editor Gill Hyslop, some of the topics to be explored include:
- Snacking has always been a part of consumer lifestyle: it’s quick and convenient. But what is shaping our snacking behavior in 2023?
- How is the trend expected to evolve over the next decade?
- Where does indulgence sit in this new mindset?
- How is the UK/Scottish Government stepping in to help industry with reformulation? Is there similar support in the EU/US?
- What are some of the technical/cost/regulatory realities of reformulation?
- Eating healthy historically comes at a higher price, how has the runaway inflation impacted consumer enthusiasm and snack sales?
- Advice for small producers looking to capitalize on this trend
Keep your finger on the pulse
The event will run live on Thursday, 25 May at 3pm UK/4pm CET/9am CT; and made available to registrants as an on-demand presentation.
Register here for this free event, which is sponsored by Benexia, Healthy Food Ingredients (hfi), Brightseed, Cargill and Kerry.