Launched in 2018, the 100+ Accelerator is a global incubator program that wants to help solve supply chain challenges across water stewardship, circular economy, sustainable agriculture and climate action. Since its launch, the program has helped 36 companies in 16 countries.
Meanwhile, applications for the third cohort of the accelerator are now open and can be submitted until May 31.
'Sustainable business is smart business'
Thanks to the FMCG partners, the 100+ Accelerator offers size and scale to entrepreneurs to help bring their solutions to market faster. These startups have raised more than $195m to date.
The 100+ Accelerator invests in companies from Seed to Series B stages. Start-ups receive six months of remote programming and training to accelerate the collaboration and growth of cohort companies, in addition to a pilot or alliance with one of the partner companies. They also receive hands-on support from a dedicated team, access to mentor networks and up to $100k towards pilot execution.
The Accelerator’s goal is to help start-ups gain larger commercial contracts and develop a ‘strong relationship’ with one or more of the partner companies.
“We are absolutely thrilled to have The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive and Unilever join us as founding partners in the 100+ Accelerator,” said Tony Milikin, chief procurement, sustainability and circular ventures officer of AB InBev. “Together, we are striving to supercharge adoption of sustainable solutions by funding and accelerating fantastic innovations that will change the world by making all of our businesses more sustainable. Sustainable business is smart business, and we are working to solve huge problems that no one company can handle alone. With our combined global reach, we can accelerate progress towards a more sustainable future.”
Embedded within the program is also a focus on social challenges: with include global partnerships such as the One Young World and Female Founders Alliance as well as dozens of local and regional relationships to build a pipeline of diverse founders.
The 100+ Accelerator’s startup innovations have included:
- The implementation of green cleaning solutions to reduce water and energy use in brewing operations in Colombia
- Solutions delivering traceability and insurance for smallholder farmers in Africa and South America
- The collection of more than 1,000 tons of glass waste in Brazil
- Piloting returnable packaging in the US
- Recycled electric vehicle batteries that store renewable electricity in China
- The ability to upcycle saved grains from the brewing process to produce nutritious foods in the US
- The first solar thermal system to be installed at an AB InBev plant
More information about the accelerator and the third round of applications can be found here.